Patient abuse by bad doctors at New England Baptist Hospital - Home Page The medical, psychological, and medication abuse I suffered when I went for emergency orthopedic surgery at NEBH.
“A lie can make it halfway around the world before the truth can even get its boots on.” —Mark Twain

The following chronology consists of the most significant events that comprised the abuse and terrorization I experienced while I was a multiple-trauma inpatient who needed emergency orthopedic surgery at New England Baptist Hospital. These are the "low-lights", if you will, of the six days I was at the Baptist.

The text on the chronology pages that appears in Roman face (like this text) is meant to signify facts, events that happened, and the actions and behaviors of people at the time. The text that appears in italic face (like this) is meant to describe my thoughts, feelings, and impressions, and the thoughts and feelings of my friends and relatives who witnessed these events. It is also used for stuff I found out later that turned out to be relevant to the story. If you haven't yet read the Acknowledgements or The Players and Their Acts pages, please take a moment now to do so; they provide important background information to help you understand the story.

Friday Night / Early Saturday

When I arrived at the NEBH the night of the 28th, I was tired, but in excellent spirits. The air ambulance we had hired to bring me from Idaho was staffed by friendly and competent people, and even though I had a breathing emergency on the plane they handled it well and I felt secure and comfortable during the trip. The flight nurse gave me some extra Demerol before I was loaded into the ambulance for the trip to NEBH to cover my pain needs during the transport, because I had a broken neck at C2, a broken back, a significant head injury, a broken face, a broken elbow, and a broken leg, and was in a substantial amount of pain. (picture) For safety reasons, the ambulance driver took a long, circuitous route to the Baptist in order to avoid the bumpiness from any Big Dig construction projects.
When I was rolled though the doors of the hospital I remember exclaiming to my husband, "I’m here! I’m here! We made it." I was very psyched to be there. And between being at home and being able to get my elbow surgery at the Baptist, and in fact, having survived the accident at all, I felt like a very lucky person.

We arrived at NEBH sometime after midnight.

Oddly, the intake paperwork from the Baptist shows me arriving at around 4 o’clock in the afternoon and also being charged for a full day’s stay on Friday (MR).

After I arrived, I was examined and questioned briefly by Lampros Minos and a resident whose name we never learned. Neither of them was particularly friendly to me, which made me uneasy. Because of the time change and my head injury I had no idea what time it really was; only that it was after normal working hours. I assumed they were peevish because of the time of day. I had no way of knowing that the story of my "having fired" Dr. Alan Curtis (see the polite letter on the Fascinating Documents page) was already a topic of hospital gossip.

I also did not realize at the time that Lampros Minos was not a doctor, and that as a bed-ridden, head-injured, multiple-trauma patient with a broken neck who had been transferred directly in from an intensive care unit, I was never examined by an actual doctor when I was admitted to the Baptist.

Home Previous Next

Inaccurate medical record: intake form for inpatient orthopedic treatment.